Make a Difference in a Student's Life: School Sponsorship
There are so many different ways to help. On this page, you will find all the information you need about student sponsorship. Would you like to support Good Hope on a one-off basis, or would you prefer to sponsor a student over a longer period and accompany them on their journey through school, university, or specialized training? The options are open, and we will discuss everything with you individually. Transparency is very important to us. We aim to clarify all questions and details with you.
HOW CAN I BECOME A SPONSOR?
Send us an e-mail with the following information:
- Phone number (optional)
- deas of your support
After discussing everything via email or phone, we will complete a form containing all the important information for you. Please let us know if any information changes.
WHAT DOES A SPONSORSHIP MEAN?
With a student sponsorship, you have the opportunity to individually support a child on their educational journey. There are several areas in which you can become a sponsor:
There are several areas in which you can become a sponsor:
- Kindergarten place at Good Hope for one child (120€ per year)
- School education for pupils in nearby government schools (details of the different types of school can be found in the document) (300-400€ per year)
- Training or studies (600-1000€ per year)
The annual school fees are very expensive and unaffordable for many Tanzanian families. Children who don’t make it into public schools via the direct route (official government test for secondary schools) often miss out on education due to high costs. Children and young people try to earn money for their families by selling fruit and vegetables at markets or doing unskilled work in construction. Therefore, a student sponsorship is a hope for improving life quality, enabling children and young people to shape their own futures.
At Good Hope, we adopt a holistic approach. Students proposed for sponsorship are already integral parts of our programs. Through their involvement, we understand the needs and motivations of the students even before the sponsorship begins. Regular home visits also allow us to know the family circumstances of our students. This ensures that your sponsorship supports those who need it most. As part of our holistic approach, children are increasingly supported from kindergarten at Good Hope until they complete their schooling or training. This comprehensive support ensures that a child can realize their dreams without deviation.
Access to education is a priceless asset for students, giving them hope for a stable future. They can support their families, pursue university education, or start apprenticeships in various fields if they are more inclined towards trades. As you can see, the possibilities are endless!
You can find an overview of all the information and areas here:
WHAT DO I MAKE POSSIBLE THROUGH A SPONSORSHIP?
- The student has a structured daily routine, providing stability.
- The child/young person can develop positively in their chosen field.
- The training or school diploma opens up further opportunities.
- You instill great hope in the family and relatives.
WHAT DO I RECEIVE?
- Updates by email with photos and information on the student’s progress and current activities (what has the student achieved, what is currently pending)
- Contact from Good Hope employees to sponsors (regular visits where video messages or pictures can be shown)
- Year-end summary: document with payment information and reports on developmental progress.